The 5 types of renewable energy in Costa Rica: Hydropower, Geothermal, Solar Power, Biomass, and Windmills. How the 5 types converge in a 62 square miles territory. Visiting the 5 production plants and actively interacting with the engineers in charge of the facilities.
Generating more than 95% of the country’s electricity using renewable energies, what has the Costa Rican Electricity Institute (ICE) been doing to be a leading agency worldwide.
Sustainable living and businesses practices: how local families have implemented renewable energies in their houses and projects to improve their life, health, economy and, positive impact to earth.
Politics behind the renewable energies. The government institutions involved in the decision making around the renewable energies, what have they done well and wrong?
Acesolar – Costa Rican Association of the Solar Power Sector: its role, projects, and contribution to the country.
We are characterized by our highly cooperative way to design study abroad programs for all types of courses and professors, any time of the year. We are committed to deliver the best academic experience to you and your group.
Communication leads to Community!
Our priority is your expectations; that is why at AGLOCAM communication before, during and after the program is essential. Before programs start, we keep constant communication through virtual meetings and site visits from faculty (if desired and possible) in order to discuss program’s design, budget, logistics and the overall itinerary.
Program Design & Preparation
- Itinerary is set up months before your departure from home and is thoroughly communicated with the staff of the visiting institution.
- Pre-departure info sessions with staff and students are set up in order to maximize your understanding of safety procedures, legal matters, and what to expect in Costa Rica.
- AGLOCAM takes care of every single detail before your arrival. What will you have to do? Follow our instructions, get your luggage ready and prepare for your adventure!
- Our programs include two bilingual site specialists accompanying the group 24/7.
- Our accommodation options always involve pleasant and environmentally sustainable places rather than 5-star chain hotels.
- Our learning and social atmosphere develops around safety, cleanliness and a homely attention.
- The local transportation we use in all our programs possess all the safety requirements, insurance and knowledgeable drivers we need to travel around Costa Rica.
- Our programs are characterized by exposing participants to SMEs within local communities, in order to exchange new ideas, strategies and procedures that benefit micro economies of the world.
All our short-term programs are customized to your academic goals, budget and interests; while we also ensure participants an enriching cultural awareness that only on-site visits offer.