Costa Rica’s geography: our volcanic and tectonic origin. A glance to our creation.
Geography and geology of our seabed: in the edge of the continental platform.
Costa Rica’s marine biology: diversity, threatened ecosystems, and challenges.
Oceanography; caribbean and pacific contexts. Visiting both oceans of Costa Rica to experience the difference between them participants can apply and increase their knowledge.
Protected areas in Costa Rica and its relevance to the marine life.
Marine ecosystems’ flora and fauna. Through boat trips, snorkeling, and/or scuba diving participants get immersed and actively interact with the biodiversity.
The Lion Fish in the Caribbean: characteristics & origin, impact & control program.
The venom present in the Lion Fish: a present research that helps the community to control the plague.
Mangroves: importance, types and current threats.
Marine energy: an ongoing Costa Rican government project.
Marine conservation programs in the Nicoya’s Gulf, pacific coast. How a whole local community is turning to conservation as their life-style and main economic activity.
The processing of the marine resources for the local and international economy.
Current environmental pressure in the Nicoya’s Gulf ecosystem.
Aquaculture oysters & red snapper projects, side projects to avoid extensive fishing.
An artificial coral reef: reason for existing, impact and uses.
The world of the turtles: why are they important in Costa Rica?
We are characterized by our highly cooperative way to design study abroad programs for all types of courses and professors, any time of the year. We are committed to deliver the best academic experience to you and your group.
Communication leads to Community!
Our priority is your expectations; that is why at AGLOCAM communication before, during and after the program is essential. Before programs start, we keep constant communication through virtual meetings and site visits from faculty (if desired and possible) in order to discuss program’s design, budget, logistics and the overall itinerary.
Program Design & Preparation
- Itinerary is set up months before your departure from home and is thoroughly communicated with the staff of the visiting institution.
- Pre-departure info sessions with staff and students are set up in order to maximize your understanding of safety procedures, legal matters, and what to expect in Costa Rica.
- AGLOCAM takes care of every single detail before your arrival. What will you have to do? Follow our instructions, get your luggage ready and prepare for your adventure!
- Our programs include two bilingual site specialists accompanying the group 24/7.
- Our accommodation options always involve pleasant and environmentally sustainable places rather than 5-star chain hotels.
- Our learning and social atmosphere develops around safety, cleanliness and a homely attention.
- The local transportation we use in all our programs possess all the safety requirements, insurance and knowledgeable drivers we need to travel around Costa Rica.
- Our programs are characterized by exposing participants to SMEs within local communities, in order to exchange new ideas, strategies and procedures that benefit micro economies of the world.
All our short-term programs are customized to your academic goals, budget and interests; while we also ensure participants an enriching cultural awareness that only on-site visits offer.