Immerse your students in a transformational experience and enrich yourself and your course in Costa Rica!
Through our faculty-led programs, students are involved in service learning experiences while being exposed to our local, national and regional culture. During your stay, AGLOCAM will introduce your group to various companies and projects in Costa Rica. Students will learn about businesses of all sizes, local and international projects and the different social and cultural realities of the world; helping students improve themselves professionally and intellectually is part of our core mission.
All our short-term programs are customized to your academic goals, budget and interests; while we also ensure participants an enriching cultural awareness that only on-site visits offer.
Some of the areas in which we have developed faculty-led programs are: Doing Business in Latin America, Entrepreneurship & Foreign Investment in Costa Rica, Environmental Sustainability & Tourism in Costa Rica, , Marine Sciences: The Most Diverse Ecosystem in the World, Botany & Horticulture: Alternative Practices to Improve Agricultural Products, Photography in the Tropics, Sociology: A Dynamic Perspective within the Central American Context. More Information
We also have three exclusive programs, designed by our staff, which can be modified and customized to develop as faculty-led programs. The themes they are developed around are: Renewable Energies | Agroecology | Mangrove Protection
We are characterized by our highly cooperative way to design study abroad programs for all types of courses and professors, any time of the year. We are committed to deliver the best academic experience to you and your group.
Communication leads to Community!
Our priority is your expectations; that is why at AGLOCAM communication before, during and after the program is essential. Before programs start, we keep constant communication through virtual meetings and site visits from faculty (if desired and possible) in order to discuss program’s design, budget, logistics and the overall itinerary.
Program Design & Preparation
- Itinerary is set up months before your departure from home and is thoroughly communicated with the staff of the visiting institution.
- Pre-departure info sessions with staff and students are set up in order to maximize your understanding of safety procedures, legal matters, and what to expect in Costa Rica.
- AGLOCAM takes care of every single detail before your arrival. What will you have to do? Follow our instructions, get your luggage ready and prepare for your adventure!
- Our programs include two bilingual site specialists accompanying the group 24/7.
- Our accommodation options always involve pleasant and environmentally sustainable places rather than 5-star chain hotels.
- Our learning and social atmosphere develops around safety, cleanliness and a homely attention.
- The local transportation we use in all our programs possess all the safety requirements, insurance and knowledgeable drivers we need to travel around Costa Rica.
- Our programs are characterized by exposing participants to SMEs within local communities, in order to exchange new ideas, strategies and procedures that benefit micro economies of the world.