Geography, Ecology, Government, Sustainability & Tourism in Costa Rica, what is it that makes us different? An interactive talk that will give participants the base info to understand the Costa Rican context.
Visiting the headquarters of the Tourism Board of Costa Rica (ICT) to know about their perspective and national projects.
Fostering innovative and entrepreneurial ideas with Rural Community Tourism: a type of tourism that share the activities, traditions and lifestyles of the local population with the visitors. It offers the opportunity to freely experience the essence of country life and the most unspoiled natural landscapes.
The hospitality and ecotourism sector in the woods of Costa Rica. How different is the life-style and businesses interaction in the mountain area. What projects are they developing?
Hot Springs, a luxurious style integrating sustainable principles and practices.
The tourism industry in the city. Walking around the capital and visiting key companies and institutions participants get to experience the interaction of the city people, ecotourism, culture, and government.
Sand, sun and sea: what is it about the warm water of the tropics that inspires business investors and visitors to come? Visiting top notch projects who are really engaged with the growth of the sustainability and ecotourism sector.
Protected areas of Costa Rica, preserving our biodiversity with SINAC – National System of Conservation Areas: The importance behind the categorization.
The rain, cloud and dry forests in Costa Rica; getting immersed, interacting, and experiencing everything they have to offer.
We are characterized by our highly cooperative way to design study abroad programs for all types of courses and professors, any time of the year. We are committed to deliver the best academic experience to you and your group.
Communication leads to Community!
Our priority is your expectations; that is why at AGLOCAM communication before, during and after the program is essential. Before programs start, we keep constant communication through virtual meetings and site visits from faculty (if desired and possible) in order to discuss program’s design, budget, logistics and the overall itinerary.
Program Design & Preparation
- Itinerary is set up months before your departure from home and is thoroughly communicated with the staff of the visiting institution.
- Pre-departure info sessions with staff and students are set up in order to maximize your understanding of safety procedures, legal matters, and what to expect in Costa Rica.
- AGLOCAM takes care of every single detail before your arrival. What will you have to do? Follow our instructions, get your luggage ready and prepare for your adventure!
- Our programs include two bilingual site specialists accompanying the group 24/7.
- Our accommodation options always involve pleasant and environmentally sustainable places rather than 5-star chain hotels.
- Our learning and social atmosphere develops around safety, cleanliness and a homely attention.
- The local transportation we use in all our programs possess all the safety requirements, insurance and knowledgeable drivers we need to travel around Costa Rica.
- Our programs are characterized by exposing participants to SMEs within local communities, in order to exchange new ideas, strategies and procedures that benefit micro economies of the world.
All our short-term programs are customized to your academic goals, budget and interests; while we also ensure participants an enriching cultural awareness that only on-site visits offer.