Clean Energies Program: $3500
The Clean Energies Program provides a 15-day comprehensive overview of the commercial and in-house renewable energy industry and sustainability in Costa Rica. AGLOCAM offers an experiential learning program for students and faculty interested in the fields of alternative energy, sustainability, Costa Rican culture, business, legal policies and the environment. The content of the program, its environmental approach, site visits, interactive talks and workshops, and direct contact with Costa Rican people and lifestyle will inspire a lifelong passion for renewable energy and innovative sustainable solutions. This program is an all-inclusive educational adventure where students develop leadership skills through our four pillars: Education, Culture, Adventure, and Experiential Community Service.
As the Epicenter of Renewable Energy, Costa Rica is the only location in the world where wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, and solar energy facilities converge within a territory of less than 100km to produce a remarkable educational platform. Costa Rica is also a popular destination for adventure travel and is a leader in Eco Tourism; being considered as one of the safest countries in Latin America with a heartwarming culture and mesmerizing environmental features.
A 40% indoor and 60% outdoor Program where students will…
- Gain a comprehensive understanding along with a personal familiarity of the science and technology behind renewable energy systems: hydroelectric, geothermal, solar, wind power, biomass, and biofuels while identifying the environmental impact of renewable energy production in present and future contexts.
- Observe Costa Rica´s energy policies, natural resource legislation and other legislative controls impacting the production and sale of electricity in the nation and across Latin America in order to develop a critical global perspective demanded by corporate recruiters today and prepare for accelerated career opportunities.
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through collaborative adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.
- Develop the necessary skills to evaluate energy sources and projects in terms of feasibility within the matrix of technical, economic, environmental, and political implementation.
- Establish procedures to build up agro ecosystems based on efficiency, productivity and variability.
This full packed educational experience includes:
- Dynamic class sessions on how energy works, the five renewable energies we have in Costa Rica.
- Visits to private and governmental renewable energy production plants (Hydroelectric, Biomass, Geothermal, Solar and Wind Energy, as well as fully organic and sustainable local farms).
- Experiential community service work with Fundación Neotrópica: direct interaction with communities, local organizations and/or schools.
- Cultural immersion: practicing Spanish, exploring Costa Rican traditions, experiencing local Cuisine and Latino dancing. We accommodate to vegetarian and special diets.
- Adventurous Activities: hikes, boat rides, hot springs, kayaking, beaches, and more.
- Lodging in various locations throughout the program.
- All in-country transportation.
- Post program letters of recommendation and certificates of participation.